1. Fast and Furious, January 31 – February 1, Spokane, Washington
Stage Left Theater selected a monologue of mine, “Some Last-Minute Wedding Vow Revisions,” for their short play festival. I can’t be there, unfortunately, but I’m hoping they post a video…
2. SlamMN Erotica Tournament, February 13-15, Kieran’s Irish Pub, Minneapolis
This annual poetry slam has been happening for years, but this is the first time it will be a full-on, multi-day tournament, so I just had to throw my name in the hat and compete. More info.
3. Minneapolis One-Minute Play Festival, February 15-16, Mixed Blood Theatre
I wrote two plays for this one. More info.
4. PROMPT: Sweet Sorrow, February 22, Black Forest Inn, Minneapolis
This is the first in Story Arts of Minnesota’s PROMPT series, which features stories based on, inspired by, or tangentially related to various classic works; this show is Romeo and Juliet. I helped produce the series, and I’m hosting this one. More info.
5. Minneapolis Encyclopedia Show, February 23, Kieran’s Irish Pub, Minneapolis
I’m performing this month; the theme is “Punctuation.” More info.
6. Rogue Festival, February 27 – March 7, Fresno, California
Finally, I’m getting away from Minnesota, where, as I post this, it is currently 43 degrees below zero. I’ll be performing The Devil and Billy Markham by Shel Silverstein.